Who can become a FAN?
Any parent blessed with a child with special health care needs (CSHCN) (developmental, emotional, physical, medical) automatically becomes an advocate for their child as they know their child and the specific needs that are required better than anyone else. You bring a valuable perspective and expertise to the table that no one else will and can help impact a shift into decision-making and outcomes of important policies and projects that will make a difference for your child but for the greater good of other families who have a child/children with CSHCN.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with SD EMS for Children and the Alliance Benefiting Children of South Dakota (abc-SD)
- Attend virtual meetings once a month
- Willing to put in the time and effort to attend monthly meetings to create a preparedness program for 911, EMS, Emergency Departments and School Nurses.
- Share your experiences as a parent
- Provide insight, ideas, perspectives
- Ask questions and bring valuable feedback